Although, home ownership, is, often, considered, a core component, of the so – called, American Dream, unless/ until, one considers, all relevant factors, carefully, and thoroughly, he risks, having his potential dream, become a nightmare! Before, beginning, one’s search, many things should be considered. I have written several articles about the financial and economic factors, as well as location – related matters. However, one of the key considerations, which often, is challenging, to fully examine, consider, and discover, is, whether any specific house, will become a home, which makes you, as HAPPY, as possible. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Healing; head/ heart; heating/ HVAC: Living in a specific home, should be a part of a genuine, healing process! It’s important to rely upon, both, your finest components of your logical, as well as emotional parts! We are happiest, living, where it not only meets our needs, and priorities, but exceeds our expectations! However, while some items, may be easily addressed, the heating, and ventilation systems (HVAC), are often, costly to fix, and essential to fully enjoying any living experience!
2. Attention; attitude; aptitude: Before making such an essential decision (remember, for most people, their house’s value, represents their single – biggest, financial asset), enhance your knowledge, and aptitude/ skill – set, regarding, the necessities of home ownership, and real estate – related, matters! Whether or not, one is happy, largely, depends, on whether they proceed, through life, with a positive, can – do, attitude, instead of considering, every obstacle, as a debilitating problem!
3. Priorities; property; pleasure: Each of us, have personal priorities, and preference! Know what gives you pleasure, and be certain, the house, and accompanying property, exceeds your expectations!
4. Plans; planning: Look at the bones, of the prospective, house! Differentiate, between, cosmetic, and structural needs, etc, and develop a set of plans, focusing on how you might use, this place! Buyers who proceed, with well – considered, planning, generally, are happiest, in the house, they select!
5. Yes; your/ you: Say, yes, to your aspirations, and make your life, more pleasurable, by putting yourself, and you, first! Unless, you consider, how it might impact your existence, how can you possibly, enjoy anywhere, fully?
Before purchasing any specific house, thoroughly consider, which makes you HAPPY, and why! Are you willing to put yourself, first?