At some point, in – time, most of us, decide, it’s the right time, to sell our home, for a wide variety of reasons. After, well over a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have often, considered, the options and alternatives, actions, etc, which make a significant difference, in getting, a house, sold! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 basic, effective, steps, to getting a house sold, in the shortest, possible, period of time, at the best, possible, price and conditions, and with a minimum of hassle.
1. Owner’s reasons: A responsive, responsive, real estate agent, during the initial hiring interview, listens, far more than he speaks. Each owner has his own set of circumstances, and reasons, for selling his home, and, since these vary, agents should take the time, to proceed, in his client’s best – interests, for their specific needs, and requirements. Is this sale, time – sensitive (for example, relocation, economic needs, etc), or, more elective, and selective? Is price the most important issue, or is reducing stress, more so? Great agents take the time, to learn this, before proceeding, further!
2. Same page/ teamwork: The best results always occur, when agent, and client, are on the same – page, and proceed, with great teamwork, focused on the most desirable results. This requires a human – bond, and an ability, and comfort – level, in order to clearly articulate, to each other, any concerns, needs, priorities, goals, and/ or, recommendations!
3. CMA / Competitive Market Analysis, Concerns: The only, smart, professional way, to consider, and determine, the listing price, is to proceed, with a professionally designed, fully considered, Competitive Market Analysis, or CMA. The more one, knows and understands, from the onset, often, determines, the best pricing approach! From that step, one might be able to wisely, price the house, using a well – considered, strategy, based on needs and goals/ priorities.
4. Marketing plan, and strategy: If you want to get it sold, a well – considered, marketing plan, and strategy, makes lots of sense! Some of the considerations, should include: selecting/ determining the most effective media/ advertising placement, for the specific house; using open – houses; staging possibilities; etc.
5. Closing the deal: No planning makes the most difference, unless/ until, the deal, is closed! An agent must be a superb, effective negotiator, in his client’s behalf!
Smart real estate agents, proceed, in an organized manner, using methods, such as this 5 – step, approach. Will you meet the needs, and obligations, of your clients?