As a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, for well over a decade, I have, often, been asked, what the best way, to sell a house. might be. While there are many considerations, including proper pricing, the best way to market the specific house, the competition, etc, I generally recommend, after these necessities have been properly addressed, the focus should be, on the STRENGTHS of the particular home. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why, this strategy and approach, often differentiates a specific house, from the rest – of – the – pack.
1. Systems: What does this place have, which makes it, stick – out, from the crowd? How do the specific systems, make this a smart decision, for a smart buyer? Examine the house, from the perspective of a potential, qualified buyer, and determine, what your niche consumer, might find desirable. This may include, the efficiency, and effectiveness of the heating system. Is it a new system, energy – efficient, extremely quiet, cleaner, or, are there any inclusions, such as particular components, such as solar, geothermal, etc?
2. Trends: What desirable trends, might this house, already have included, which might make it stand out, for the better? This may, include: specific appliances; exterior inclusions; so – called, green additions; materials used, etc.
3. Region; right price: Is the region/ neighborhood/ specific block, a positive? How does the house’s listing price, relate to the competition, and how can it be marketed, to an advantage?
4. Energy; emphasis; exterior: Is the house, energy – efficient? Where does it make the most sense, to place your emphasis? Are the exterior grounds, something, which might attract the right buyers, to you?
5. Needs; neighborhood: Does the size, grounds, room layout, etc, address the needs of a particular niche? Is the specific neighborhood, an asset, in this process?
6. Grounds: How do the grounds, make a positive statement? How can these be used, to enhance curb – appeal, to the right person?
7. Type: Does this type, or style of house, attract, or deter? In many regions, for example, Colonial houses, garner higher prices, than other styles? Traditionally, Cape Cod – style, homes, bring the lowest offers. When one proceeds, realistically, the seller benefits!
8. Heart of house: What is the heart of the house, and why? What is the best way, to effectively market, this, to achieve the finest possible results?
9. Service; selling; solutions: Homeowners should hire an agent, who focuses on quality service, and to effective selling! When one understands, both, a client’s needs, the home’s strengths (realistically), and introduces, the finest set of solutions, everyone benefits!
When you demonstrate the home’s STRENGTHS, it becomes more attractive to more potential, qualified buyers? Isn’t that, why one hires, a specific real estate agent?